Problems With 4.4.1 Upgrade

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Mon Oct 8 16:46:00 CEST 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>   Ah, yes! I keep forgetting that Xfce will create a new ~/.config for me.
>> I'll give this a try later today.
>
>    Reporting status. I moved ~/.config to a different name and ran 'startx.'
> Here's the result, well, the end of what displayed on the screen.
>
>    I know the 'which' command is missing; so is 'route.' 'netstat' was also
> missing yesterday after the upgrade, but became visible this morning when I
> turned on the notebook. Network's now working again.

Rich:

You have an incomplete system - you somehow missed some steps in the
upgrade; otherwise, you would not have anything missing.  Look very
closely at step #9 in the upgrade instructions and perform that step
again.
The problem, at this point, is that troubleshooting becomes very
difficult -- if that part of the upgrade was incorrect, then what
other parts were not completed properly?  In essence, it might be
a good idea to do a fresh install - assuming /home is on a separate
partition, it will almost certainly be faster than continuing on this
road.

-RW