How to customize panel items via ssh

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:52:58 CEST 2007

On 10/5/07, Kamchybek Jusupov <kjusupov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah,
>
> That's what I'm trying to understand, where is/are the config file(s)
> so that I can remotely configure for our existing users as well as
> for future ones... Going desk by desk and configure - we don't want...
>

> Rgds,
>
> Kamchybek Jusupov
> kjusupov at gmail.com

Most of it is in /home/<user>/.config. If you set up a config exactly the
way you wanted it then copied the .config dir into /etc/skel it would
probably work at least as a starting point. Keep in mind that the config
files in .config refer to files outside like wallpapers and icons etc...

I've created an rpm that includes the .config and whenever a box updates
they will get the updated desktop config too. That way I can change menus,
icons etc.. on users and the changes propogate.

Grant