Xfce fot the future

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 7 19:06:55 CET 2007

Erdenebat Guntomor wrote:

> In the future will Xfce include or create new application project like
> thunar and ristretto?

"Xfce" is just a few people.  New projects come and go; it's hard to
predict what new idea someone will come up with next.

> Does anyone heard about it? For xfce main archive
> manager is it xarchiver or squeeze?

You're free to use whichever you want, though I believe Stephan has said
recently that Squeeze doesn't really work at present, so it's probably
best to go with Xarchiver.

> I'll be very happy to if Xfce will
> maintain  fast and lightweight  philosophy.

No one's suggesting any differently, but, yes, Xfce will grow and add
more features over time -- that's just the natural order of things.
We'll likely always be more 'lightweight' than our heavier cousins, but
we'll never be fwvm or blackbox or icewm or whatever.

> I don't like GNOME and KDE
> because they're included many unusefull and not good enough
> applications. What do you think about it guys? :-P

I think GNOME and KDE are both great desktop environments.  I just
happen to like Xfce better ^_~.

	-brian