ktorrent not in applications menu

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:06:42 CEST 2007

Hi all,
        I have been having few issues with xfce so if somebody can
respond to them it would be cool :-
1. I downloaded & am using ktorrent as I didn't find any other
.torrent client usable as of yet. Now I looked at Applications >
Network > Peer-to-Peer (which could have been said p2p also perhaps? )
and in there I just find Gtk-Gnutella & nothing else :/. The ktorrent
application is in the File transfer sub-menu instead of p2p which
would be the better place for it.

2. Epiphany & deskbar-applet integration :- I switch between firefox &
epiphany as I have seen firefox become non-responsive after several
hours of working or non-working to the point where I'm unable to do
anything. Epiphany meanwhile does the job better. Now to have
shortcuts there is something called deskbar-applet which is also
installed but still couldn't get it. Its not there in my .gnome2
folder. Don't know whether thats a gnome issue, deskbar applet issue
or an xfce issue but hoping to find out. Have people been able to use
the desk-bar applet or not in xfce?

2b. Another browser :- Does xfce have some browser which it recommends
instead of epiphany or what? If there is some recommendations page
which says these are best integrated with xfce would like to take a
look at that page.

Cheers & carry on the good work :)
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17