Terminal question

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Wed May 16 16:13:50 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with "Terminal" version 0.2.6 with Xfce 4.4.

If I enable the X composite extension in the X server (X.org 6.8.2.),
and then I try to use the scroll bar to scroll the contents in a
Terminal window, I get one line from the "previous" screen repeating
through the whole terminal window.  This continues as I scroll back.
Similarly, if I use "less" in a Terminal window to view a file, I can
scroll forward fine, but when I scroll backwards, the screen fills with
one text line from the "current" window, then that clears, and I get the
same machine.  Interestingly enough, if I turn OFF the X composite
extension, the scroll bar in Terminal works fine, and less doesn't give
me the weird behaviour.  Any ideas?

Jason.