How to get apps to work on remote X displays?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed May 16 00:15:33 CEST 2007

On 5/15/07, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> What do you have to do to make apps like thunar work on remote
> displays?
>
> When I try to run thunar through a 1M DSL link, it takes about
> 4-5 minutes to start, and antime there's an expose event, the
> window freezes for several minutes.

Have you tried anything other than Thunar? This sounds like something
unrelated to Xfce.

I've run Xfce over ssh on numerous occasions without this kinda
trouble. Admittedly never Thunar, though

> --
> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! FROZEN ENTREES may
>                                   at               be flung by members of
>                                visi.com            opposing SWANSON SECTS ...

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room