Some icons not sizing properly in vertical system tray

Henk Boom lunarc.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:28:20 CEST 2007

Hi, when using a vertical system tray, variable-sized system tray
icons (such as those of xchat, deluge, sonata, but not gaim) come up
with a default size instead of the proper size for the system tray.
For deluge and xchat this default size looks as small as 1x1 pixels.
They resize to a proper size when I switch the panel to horizontal and
back. Also, when I move a system tray from a big horizontal panel to a
small vertical panel, the icons keep their sizes from the larger panel
(this is most pronounced with xchat's icon).

I was going to submit a bug report, but I don't really have any way of
telling whether it is a bug in the system tray plugin (I can't see
anything suspiciously asymmetric between height and width in the
source code myself) or in the applications themselves (maybe they
assume that all system trays are horizontal so don't bother paying
attention to width change requests?).

What should I do about this?

    Henk Boom