True Transparency

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg at hellug.gr
Thu Mar 22 17:20:48 CET 2007

Στις Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:07:50 +0100
Ο/Η "thomas larrieu" <thomas.larrieu at gmail.com> έγραψε:

> Here comes the result of $ xfwm4 --version, asked by Olivier Fourdan :
>
> This is xfwm4 version 4.5.0 (revision 25033) for Xfce 4.4.0
> Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> Compiled against GTK+-2.10.9, using GTK+-2.10.11.
>
> Build configuration and supported features:
> - Startup notification support: Yes
> - XSync support: Yes
> - Render support: Yes
> - Xrandr support: Yes
> - Embedded compositor: No
> - KDE systray proxy (deprecated): No

As you can see, this build does not include the compositor. If you
built it yourself, you probably lack the libXcomposite headers
(libXcomposite-devel on redhat/fedora systems). If it is your distro's
packages you used, then bug the maintaner to fix it.

And, by the way, this is *not* the xfwm4 that comes with 4.4.0 you
have. Mine is:

        This is xfwm4 version 4.4.0 (revision 24671) for Xfce 4.4.0
        Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
        Compiled against GTK+-2.10.8, using GTK+-2.10.8.

        Build configuration and supported features:
        - Startup notification support:                 Yes
        - XSync support:                                Yes
        - Render support:                               Yes
        - Xrandr support:                               Yes
        - Embedded compositor:                          Yes
        - KDE systray proxy (deprecated):               No

HTH
Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org
PGP Key: http://members.hellug.gr/stavrosg/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"