True Transparency

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 21 16:17:21 CET 2007

Erik Harrison descended, with this inscribed on tablets:

> On 3/21/07, thomas larrieu <thomas.larrieu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Really, you gotta worry more about the driver
> > I have found no drivers (but not because a lack of searching, i assure it :/
> > )
> > > Do you have the compositor running? Checking the Compositor tab of the
> > > Window Manager Tweaks (under Settings in the menu).
> > I don't have the compositor running (no tabs in Window
> > Manager tweaks
>
> Looks like the WM wasn't built with compositor support then

Not necessarily. When I moved from 4.2 to 4.4, did not have the compositor
option in wmtweaks either, though it was built in. Mike M. was kind enough to
offer me this advice, which resolved the issue for me: kill xfwm4, then run
like so: xfwm4 --compositor=on

That did it! ymmv... ;-)

--
JoeHill