XFCE shortcuts

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:36:10 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, Arnau Bria <arnau at emergetux.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:44:58 -0400
> Erik Harrison wrote:
>
> > On 3/19/07, Arnau Bria <arnau at emergetux.net> wrote:

> > > ok. same to me. anyone knows if it is a bug?
> >
> > No, it's not a bug. Terminal has to have special shortcuts so it
> > doesn't interfere with curses based applications or bash shortcuts
> > (like tab completion)
>
> Ok, I agree with that.
>
> But (remember that I'm new to XFCE) in kde I was able to use shortcuts
> for konsole with TAB, and tab completion as well.
>
> AFAIK there's no bash shortcut for crtl+tab or ctrl+shift+tab...

No, Ctrl+Tab just gets captured as plain Tab and the shell attempts to
perform shell completion.

Go ahead and try it. Hit Ctrl+Tab twice at a shell prompt in Terminal
and watch it try to list all your binaries.

> Cheers,
> Arnau
>
> --
> Arnau Bria
> http://blog.emergetux.net
> "Oh Kent la gente se inventa estadisticas con tal de intentar demostrar
> algo y eso lo sabe el 14% de la gente" ~Homer Simpson

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room