About xfce4 packages to be installed

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Tue Mar 13 16:24:22 CET 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:02:30 +0800 (CST)
Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I need selecting packages to be installed. Is there an easy way
> rather than installing each package individually.
>
> # yum install package1
> # Yum install package2
> etc.

Sure there is, install a gui package manager like Smart Package Manager
and go from there. If that's not available and you're stuck with the
commandline then you can open 2 terminal windows, do the yum search in
one and then in the second window do the install by doing a
cut-and-paste from the first window and putting everything on one line
like so:

# yum install package1 package2 package3 etc.

I should also point out that this question is probably OT for this list.

--
Myles Green
Geek by nature. Unix by choice.