Clipboard

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Sat Mar 3 22:52:58 CET 2007

Nick Schermer wrote:
> I tried this once, but really, you don't want this because the image
> handling of the Gtk clipboard is not very fast, so when you cut/copy
> some image data in the Gimp (which uses an internal clipboard for this
> data, but sends it when you ask for it) the plugin memory increases a
> lot.
> There were also some other problems with this when you use openoffice,
> duno exactly what happened...
>
> Nick

I don't use Clipman but another, similar application.  My understanding
is that it contains clipboard history but is not the clipboard.

There's an article here about the X clipboard:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fClipboardsWiki

BTW: I copied that link using the copy icon in Firefox (Swiftfox).  When
I went to Thunderbird, the Paste icon was disabled but I was able to
paste using Ctrl+V.  The same thing happens often with OpenOffice when
pasting data copied from another application.

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org