Xfce4.4 - Sensor-plugin stopped working

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Mar 3 18:27:17 CET 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:28:57 +0100 (CET)
timystery at arcor.de wrote:

> > I compiled & installed 2.6.20.1 late yesterday night, and the
> > sensors-plugin works again! (So the problem is only with 2.6.19 -
> > maybe only with 2.6.19.2). Even the two k8temps are shown!
>
> that's indeed good news!
>
> Is the hddtemp-combobox-entry still shown?

Yes, it is. Now that the rest works, I'll see if I can install hddtemp
too.

> Yep - hddtemp is used. The next version will have configure
> autodetection for libsensors and ACPI and hddtemp, which will ease up
> migration to other Unices and make life easier for package maintainers
> who might be  unwilling to depend on hddtemp or libsensors for the
> plugin to work.

'configure autodetection'? Wouldn't it be better to autodetect the
libraries on run-time (or simply eliminate the combobox entry if the
list is empty)? Else it would be necessary to to recompile if one of the
libraries is installed.

I'd like to make a few other suggestions:

1) an option to change the width of the graphic bars.
2) maybe hide the Color column in the table if 'Show color bars'
   is disabled?

Greetings,
John