Using Gimp-2.3 in Xfce-4.4.0

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Mar 3 18:25:41 CET 2007

FreeBSD-6.2
Gimp-2.3

I seem to be having a problem getting Gimp-2.3 to work. I created a
desktop launcher for it with these parameters:

/usr/local/bin/gimp-2.3

All that seems to do is display a splash screen on the desktop. A gimp
configuration directory was created in $HOME, but that is about it. I
am never asked any configuration questions, etc. The gimp splash screen
will remain on the desktop indefinitely.

OK, so what am I doing wrong? This is the first time I have tried to
use gimp. If this is not the right forum, I will ask in the gimp one.

--
Gerard

Magic is always the best solution -- especially reliable magic.