4.4.1 Plugin Problem

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Jun 4 20:30:37 CEST 2007

tomw at videotron.ca wrote:
> Sorry Jasper ... my post was incorrect no extra dot is in the file names.
> Not sure why original post was wrong maybe I wasn' wearing my glasses.
> (Boy do I feel dumb)

Hehe, don't worry.

If the file is there, but it still can't be found you can check if the
symlinks point to the correct file (probably it does):

ls -l /usr/local/lib | grep panel

Maybe the /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't contain /usr/local/lib?

You could also try this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ldd
/usr/local/libexec/xfce4/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin | grep panel

If that works (libxfce4panel.so.1 is found) you need to either add
/usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, or you need to add
the path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting Xfce.

--
	Jasper