Hidden options for xfce4-session?

Pavol Rusnak prusnak at suse.cz
Tue Jul 24 17:02:38 CEST 2007

Stephan Arts wrote:
> On 7/21/07, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a full list of
>> hidden options for xfce4-session?
>
> Simple answer, this is not possible unless you patch the source-code.

Little How-To:

1) download
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_Factory/src/xfce4-session-4.4.1-24.3.src.rpm
2) unpack its contents (for example in Midnight Commander)
3) apply xfce4-session-suspend_hibernate.patch to xfce4-session-4.4.1
sources
4) rebuild xfce4-session and install it
5) unpack xfce4-session-ubuntu-icons.tar.bz2 into /usr/share

I'm sure there is an easier way how to obtain suspend_hibernate.patch
and ubuntu-icons.tar.bz2 (somewhere from ubuntu website), but this is
the first one that came to my mind and I'm not willing to search for it
in another place when I know where it is.

> Xfce does not provide these features itself, since it won't work on
> non-GNU/Linux platforms.

It might be worth considering to include this patch into upstream,
wrapped in some #ifdefs (for example #ifdef LINUX_SUSPEND_HIBERNATE), so
this functionality could by simply added with -DLINUX_SUSPEND_HIBERNATE
passed to compiler on GNU/Linux systems.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer                                Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144                                     19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz                                http://www.suse.cz