Hidden options for xfce4-session?

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sun Jul 22 00:33:11 CEST 2007

On 7/21/07, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a full list of
> hidden options for xfce4-session?
>
> I'm trying to enable Hibernate and/or Suspend buttons for the Quit
> dialogue box, but I can't figure out where to configure this.  I've seen
> it elsewhere in other distributions, so I know it's possible somehow.
>
> I've checked the man pages, docs, faq, xfce website, xfce4-session rc
> files, etc. with not luck at all.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thayer
>
> --
> Thayer Williams
> britesites.ca ~ web development
> www.britesites.ca

Simple answer, this is not possible unless you patch the source-code.

Xfce does not provide these features itself, since it won't work on
non-GNU/Linux platforms. Individual distro's (like Xubuntu) patch
xfce4-session theirselves to add this feature. You could ask them for
a patch. (Though i think it is somewhere in our bugzilla aswell)

HTH,

Stephan