Multiple Instances of nm-applet

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 21 21:42:16 CEST 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Foxy wrote:

> There was advice on Ubuntu Forums: open the file
>> ~/.cache/.sessions/xfce4-session-????? and remove all entries of
>> nm-applet but one. Renumber the Client? headings appropriately and set
>> Count equal to the last client number + 1. Save. Logout w/out saving the
>> session and you are done.

   Thank you. killing off the session files with only one instance of
'nm-applet --sm-disable &' running seems to have done the trick. I've
rebooted her laptop a couple of times and there's only one icon displayed.

   Whew!

   Now to figure out why the wireless networking card won't work with this
distribution when it worked flawlessly with Slackware.

Again, thanks,

Rich