Changing names of desktop icons and panel colour

andy geek_show at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 18 18:14:23 CEST 2007

Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The way the panel looks is entirely dependant on the GTK theme that
> you use. Change the theme, and its aspect will change.
>
> Regards,
> Liviu
>
> On 7/17/07, andy <geek_show at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am unable to find much info on resolving the following on Debian Lenny
>> using Xfce-4.4.1:
>> 1. How do I change the names of the desktop icons from home, filesystem
>> and trash
>> 2. How do I change the background colour of the 2 panels?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Liviu

Is that what the choice comes down to - change the GTK theme to change
the colour of the panel? I like the theme I am using - I just don't like
the smog colour of the panel: it is quite ugly, to be frank. Why is this
so dependent on the theme - and what if I wanted a background image to
the panel?

Cheers