some key-combos return crap

POLONKAI Gergely polesz at w00d5t0ck.info
Fri Jul 6 08:43:05 CEST 2007

Hello list,

I have a little problem here, and don't know yet where to go with it.

I'm using Gentoo 2007.0, warm and freshly installed. I use xfce4.4 from
gentoo ebuilds, and they are more then fine. I also use Beryl; I like
these funny moving windows ^_^.

yesterday I cat'ed a huge text file in Terminal, and when I tried to go
to its top, I used Shift-PageUp, like I did while I used gnome-terminal.
However, when I pressed that combo, it gave me the character 9, instead
of scrolling up a page. Also, Shift-PageDown gives 6, Shift-Home gives
8, Shift-End is 5, Shift-Insert is 4, and Shift-Delete is 1.
These keys without a modifier seems to work like I press Shift-Key (E.g
normal Insert inserts the content of the clipboard, like Shift-Insert
should).

Is this an Xfce-related thing, and if so, is there a solution to it?

Regards,
Gergely POLONKAI