Unable to mount flash drive on Xfce4 4.4

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 29 23:32:32 CET 2007

Folks, today I upgraded my Fedora Core 6 box to the latest Xfce4 4.4
rpms on Extras (from the 4.4rc2 ones which were there, I believe), and
when I did it, I broke something.

Namely, when I try to mount a flash drive from the desktop (right click,
mount way) I get a popup:

Unable to mount "sdb1":

exo-mount: Cannot mount by HAL device UDI, because HAL support was
disabled for this build

Moreover, on the desktop I no longer see the udev-ish name for my drive
(STORE'N'GO, I think) but rather just "sdb1".  Also, as information, I
do not use any of Gnome's or anyone else's mount manager.  I believe it
is being handled by Thunar or something Xfce-ish.

Can someone help me with what rpm I might be missing or which one I
could report to Kevin Fenzi (the FC6 maintainer, I think)?
--
Time's Person of the Year, 2006
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/