panel issues

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Jan 29 20:36:03 CET 2007

Sergey Manucharyan wrote:
> Thank you for the advices. I continue to play with new xfce.
> I've just did an installation with graphical installer (previously I used
> Arch Linux packages). The System Tray problem still persists. The first
> time I click the gaim icon it pops up with normal window, I click it again
> - it minimizes (to tray), I click 3rd time - it comes with maximized
> windows and never gets back to normal one. Other applications (sylpheed,
> skype) behave normally. I use gaim 2.0.0beta5, but it works fine in  xfce
> 4.2.

I'm afraid this really is a problem with gaim. The icon is not even part
of the panel: all the panel does is embed the icon provided by an
application, so everything else is managed by gaim. It's a rather
strange problem though and I don't think I've heard of it before.

>>> 2) The digital/led clock in vertical panel is so tiny and not adjustable
>>> (right now in 4.2 I have a good looking one).

Yeah, I changed this after complaints that the digital clock made the
panel much too wide in vertical mode :( Can't win 'em all, I guess...

    Jasper