panel issues

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 03:23:45 CET 2007

On 1/27/07, Sergey Manucharyan <sm at netsys.am> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all my great thanks to developers for the great work they did for
> this release.
> Actually I've tried to use 4.3.x couple of times, but there were some
> small things (which are in the release as well) that I cannot reconcile
> myself to. Correct me if I'm just missing something.
>
> 1) The Panel's "Popup Position" setting have disappeared and never came
> back. I always set it to "Top" (like in CDE) and found it more
> "understandable".

You mean the submenus on launchers? The current setup is "better" both
technological, and UI wise. No one has yet to offer a compelling
argument for the alternative that isn't "It's more like CDE"

Sorry about that

> 2) The digital/led clock in vertical panel is so tiny and not adjustable
> (right now in 4.2 I have a good looking one).

Perfectly usable here. Perhaps post a screenshot somewhere to show your trouble?

> 3) The Icon Box is not separate from the panel (well, I can live with this).

Getting there has changed but you can make a pretty much identical
setup. Create a new floating panel, put a tasklist in it, turn off
application names.

> 4) After clicking a System Tray icon couple of times the application (for
> example Gaim) keeps popping up with maximized window (which is definitely
> unacceptable).

This doesn't occur here with Orage or Gaim. I've never heard it
reported before. Does it happen with any application other than Gaim?

> Cheers,
> Sergey

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room