Desktop questions

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Mon Jan 29 11:01:47 CET 2007

"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> was heard to say:

> > although they are handled by Thunar according to the docs.
>
> That's not correct.  Where do the docs say this?

http://www.xfce.org/about/tour:

"The desktop manager utilizes Thunar's libraries to handle application launchers
and regular files/folders on the desktop."

So yes, it is not the Thunar app, but its libraries. But still I'd expect the
desktop icons to show the same behaviour as the Thunar icons as long as they
are handled by the same library.

> > I'd soo like to
> > avoid doubleclicking. Is there any hidden config option to achieve this?
>
> Nope.

Any chance to retrofit this? The current implementation is inconsistent unless
you switch to double-clicking in Thunar as well.

> Same as in Thunar: hold down ctrl+shift while dragging.

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
markus.hoenicka at cats.de
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de