Orage: notifications? [Solved]

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Fri Jan 26 16:03:52 CET 2007

Hello Juha.

juha, 26.01.2007 15:54:
>> I set up an event 1 minute in the future with an alert duration of 5 minutes,
>> but when the event was about to start, nothing happened. Orage only switched the
>> color of the entry from black to red, obviously to show that the event is over.
>>

> Ok. I think I know what the issue is.
>
> The "alarm duration" you mention is actually alarm time
> and tells how much earlier the alarm is sent.

I see. This wasn’t clear from the interface. As I said, I thought I can set the
duration of the alarm there, not how much earlier it gets displayed.

> In your case Orage event happens after 1 minute and alarm
> 5 minutes before that, which actually is 4 minutes ago. And as
> Orage is real time tool and does not remember old alarms, it
> does not show the alarm since the time has passed.
>
> Try creating an event 1 hour in the future and set alarm
> time to 50 minutes and then wait 10 minutes and you should
> see the window.

I did it with 6 minutes in the future since I didn’t want to wait that long, and
it worked. Orages notification window did appear and show my event.

So thanks for your help!

> Are you using the tray icon? You should see there tooltip that
> lists all active alarms.

No, I try to keep as little tray icons as possible to prevent cluttering my panel.

Have a nice day, Mathias

--
debian/rules