Can't log in to xfce4

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Fri Jan 26 00:43:01 CET 2007

> In your e-mail of Thu Jan 25 17:06:35 2007 you wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Trying to login to xfce4 through kdm or via a xterm causing this:
> >
> > "/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0.0
> > xrdb:  "Netscape*drawingArea.translations" on line 37 overrides
> > entry on line 2
> > xrdb:  "Netscape*globalNonTextTranslations" on line 60 overrides
> > entry on line 25
> > /usr/bin/xfce4-session: error while loading shared
> > libraries: /usr/lib/libxfce4util.so.4: cannot restore segment prot
> > after reloc: Permission denied"
> >
> > And then just dies.

This is I think a selinux issue. Are you running with selinux enabled?
(Check /etc/sysconfig/selinux ). If so, you might need to have it
relabel your files, something like:

touch /.autorelabel
shutdown -r now

it should then fix the selinux contexts on all your files when it boots
back up.

Alernately, you can disable selinux entirely in the above sysconfig
file and reboot.

> > So i can't even log in to 4.4.0. I'm on prebuilt rpms (Kevin
> > Fenzi's spec files) on fedora core 6. Don't have a clue, everything
> > should work. Hoping for help.

4.4.0 and my rpms? So this must be fedora rawhide/devel, right?
I have not yet pushed out rpms for 4.4.0 to fc6. (planning on this
weekend if no problems are found with my packaging in devel).

Where did you get the rpms?

> > Regards
> > P. Ekholm

kevin