Announce: Xfce 4.4.0 released

Bo Thide' bt at phisp.irfu.se
Thu Jan 25 19:21:19 CET 2007

Dear Biju Chacko,

In your e-mail of Thu Jan 25 06:34:02 2007 you wrote:

> Bo Thide' wrote:
> >
> > Time permitting, we might become just that.  The most urgent thing,
> > however, would be to add a graphical shell similar to dtksh.
>
> I'm unfamiliar with dtksh. What functionality are you looking for that
> is not provided by Terminal?
>
> I tried a lot of terminal apps before I found Terminal, so perhaps I
> could suggest something.
>
> -- b

I am looking for a grscripting language which allows me to develop and
test my GUI-based applications before I freeze the design and implement
them in a programming language.  The following "Hello World"
shell script illustrates some of the more elementary capablities of
dtksh:

#! /usr/dt/bin/dtksh

main()
{
        XtInitialize TOPLEVEL dtHello DtHello "$@"

        XmCreateMessageDialog HELLO $TOPLEVEL hello \
                dialogTitle:"DtHello" \
                messageString:"$(print "Hello\nWorld")"

        XmMessageBoxGetChild HELP $HELLO DIALOG_HELP_BUTTON
        XtUnmanageChild $HELP
        XmMessageBoxGetChild CANCEL $HELLO DIALOG_CANCEL_BUTTON
        XtUnmanageChild $CANCEL

        XtAddCallback $HELLO okCallback exit

        XtManageChild $HELLO

        XtMainLoop