Announce: Xfce 4.4.0 released

Bo Thide' bt at phisp.irfu.se
Wed Jan 24 19:34:26 CET 2007

Auke,

I respect that you, and perhaps even most other typical xfce users out
there, like the current default look and feel of xfce.  That's fine and
dandy.  But then you should respect that in a professional setting like
ours, we would be happier with another look and feel.  Not a simpler,
more primitive one, but a stricter, more uniform, elegant and
sophisticated one.  Sofar we have not found anything better in this
respect than CED (which we use on our large installed base of IBM, Sun,
and HP UNIX workstations and servers).

The reason for my starting the thread was to ask for pointers/help on
how to create this look and feel in Linux.  With earlier releases of
releases of xfce this was (almost) possible.  We know have been informed
on how to achieve this in xfce 4.4 and will go about to do it.

Thanks to all for the help.

Bo