No panel shadow in 4.4

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 24 12:26:37 CET 2007

Been using 4.4 for a day or so, and it's so damned perfect I almost didn't
notice this: the panels no longer cast a shadow with composite enabled.

Tried restarting the panel, restarting X, ...and one other thing which led me
to yet another question.

Used to be I could have two users running at once, just switch to another tty
and start X like so:

startxfce4 -- :1

Now when the other user tries this, a looong error/help message is printed out.
Unfortunately, I cannot read the 'help' message in text mode (too long to see
all the options) and I cannot reproduce the message while in X, I just get:

/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0.0

Um, isn't that why I specify the :1?

Help?

Thanks all!

--