Xfce 4.4 crashes with I try to select "default" icons

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 23 14:20:05 CET 2007

Folks,

I just tried to work through the icons available in 4.4 to see what they
looked like. When I selected "default", Xfce (or X?) crashed and took me
back to my XUbuntu (Edgy) log-in screen. When I logged back in to Xfce,
I could get a menu (right-click), I had to manually restart the panel,
and when I next selected Xfce4 settings, Xfce4 (or X) crashed again, as
though I'd done a ctrl-shift-backspace. Is there a config file I could
edit manually to pull me out of this nose-dive?

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter