Shading and unshading

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Tue Jan 23 08:55:28 CET 2007

Erik Harrison wrote:
> On 1/22/07, TerryJ <listmail at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I'm using the shade / unshade option which you get by clicking in the
>> top left corner of a window.
>>

> For most WM themes, you can add a specific button to the border just
> for shading.
>

>> Before I arrived at that, I tried double-clicking the title bar but that
>> does not work.  I cannot find any way to set that.  Is it possible.
>>

> In the Window Manager settings under Advanced, at the bottom
>

>> I discovered an anomaly.  The default keybinding to shade is Alt+F9.
>> The same keybinding does not unshade!? =-O
>>

> Works for me here.
Thanks for the replies.  The mouse wheel seems to work best.  I remember
now that I removed the shade button because I thought one button in that
corner was plenty.

I need several double-clicks to get a response.  Alt+F9 shades but will
not unshade.

Can these things be affected by the graphics card?  I'm using the nVidia
card after eons (okay, months) of using Vesa and it's weird.

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org