Several issues after upgrade to 4.4.0

Stephan Windmüller windy at white-hawk.de
Mon Jan 22 14:22:21 CET 2007

Hello!

After upgrading my previous installation of xfce(4.2.4) to 4.4.0, some
things do not work anymore. In detail those are:

- Various icons are not displayed. This includes all icons in
  xfce-setting-show except for xscreensaver. Also the lock/quit-button
  in the panel is empty.

- When I click on the xfce-menu-button, nothing happens. Errors from the
  log:

  | CRITICAL **: dmp->desktop_menu is NULL - module load failed?
  | CRITICAL **: xfce_desktop_menu_need_update_impl: assertion
  |  `desktop_menu != NULL' failed
  | CRITICAL **: xfce_desktop_menu_get_widget_impl: assertion
  |  `desktop_menu != NULL' failed

- A right-click on the desktop shows no effect.

- xfce4-tips does not show any text. fortune is not installed, but I
  expected an error message or so.

I used the graphical installer to compile this version. What can I do to
fix these problems?

TIA
 Stephan