xfce, Apple X11, and mouse emulation

Fred Dushin fadushin at fourfold.org
Sun Jan 21 16:03:52 CET 2007

What you are referring to may be a separate issue.  There is an issue
with Apple's X11, auth, and sleep.  If you put the mac to sleep and
awaken it, your xauth cookies no longer function properly (attempts
to open a new xterm are refused by the server, for example).  Oddly
enough, if you put the mac to sleep again and re-awaken it, your
cookies work again.  Go figure.

-Fred