xfce, Apple X11, and mouse emulation

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:34:29 CET 2007

On 18/01/07, Fred Dushin <fadushin at fourfold.org> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone one this list might have some guidance for
> diagnosing this issue, as I don't think the macports folks have any
> insight into the problem.

I think there is some fundamental incompatibility between XFCE and
Apple's X11, for some unknown reason. This is not just running XFCE
on the Mac; even if you run it somewhere else (e.g., I used to run it
remotely on my DIY Linux box at home and also at work on Debian
unstable) and just use Apple's X11 as a display, it will stop working
after a while.

As to what the incompatibility is, I don't have any idea, but I suspect
this is a bug in Apple's X11.

--
cheers,
-ambrose