mousepad future

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Thu Jan 18 09:59:10 CET 2007

Erik Harrison wrote:
> Please let me know what you who actually use Mousepad want to see it do.

I use Mousepad for the same reason as I used notepad on Windows: a lean
and -more importantly- fast starting note block.

For development (html/bash/perl/php) I use scite, although I'm not 100%
satisfied about it (configuring it is a real pain in the behind!). Scite
does have a lots and lots of handy features which I probably don't like
to see in the described application above. (keep it simple)

If you do want to compete with apps like scite you have to add source
formatting (GtkSourceView), autocomplete (variable names and functions)
and function help... This would probably be a lot of work!

Features I do like to see in Mousepad:
* Better printing support (no xfprint)
* Spell check
* Duplicate line with ctrl-d (scite feature)
* Statusbar with exact cursor location (line#+cols#)

Cheers!

Harold