Viewports (Beryl) vs. Workspaces (Xfce Taskbar)

Philipp Robbel robbel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 05:12:37 CET 2007

Hi all,

Apologies if that has been covered before: I have been using Beryl for
the past days and what has been bothering me is that Beryl's viewports
(e.g. sides on the cube) don't translate into workspaces in the Xfce
4.2.3 taskbar. In particular, the default setup removes all but one
workspace from the taskbar and divides up that single workspace into
four "tiles" (Beryl viewports). It's not really usable and it would be
much nicer if there would still be four workspaces in the taskbar that
each correspond to a side of the cube.

Is that maybe working in the upcoming Xfce 4.4?

Thanks,
Philipp