I lost my panel

Frank Bell frankwbell at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 17:56:53 CET 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:26:32 -0500, Stephan Arts <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/14/07, Frank Bell <frankwbell at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I have just started mucking about with XFCE and really like my system
>> performance using it as an interface.  Apps I use frequently, such as

> Execute xfce4-panel manually

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:32:52 -0500, Stavros Giannouris
<stavrosg at hellug.gr> wrote:

> If this doesn't help, try running the panel from a terminal to see what
> output it will have. Usually helps to track down the problem.
> I'd check the ~/.config/whatever ownership, too, just in case it got
> mucked by su

Thank you both for the suggestions.  Executing xfce4-panel got it back.

Ownership was okay.  I didn't think root had touched that directory while
running pkgtool.  I don't remember closing the panel, but I've had cases
of fumble fingers before.

--
Blogging from Pine View Farm--http://frankwbell.no-ip.info/weblog
Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.

Slackware (http://www.slackware.com) and Opera (http://www.opera.com):
the ultimate internet experience.