I lost my panel

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg at hellug.gr
Sun Jan 14 01:32:52 CET 2007

Στις Sun, 14 Jan 2007 01:26:32 +0100
Ο/Η "Stephan Arts" <psybsd at gmail.com> έγραψε:

> On 1/14/07, Frank Bell <frankwbell at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > So I was messing around today and lost the panel.  I was SUed as
> > root installing some cursor themes from xfce-look.org when it
> > happened. The subdirectory structure under /home/[username]/.config
> > seems okay.

<...>

> > I even uninstalled the XFCE package and reinstalling it, using the
> > Slackware package tool, but still no panel.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to where I should look?
>
> Execute xfce4-panel manually
>
> You probably saved the Xfce session without the panel present. ;)
>
> when you logout, check 'save session' and you will have a panel again.

If this doesn't help, try running the panel from a terminal to see what
output it will have. Usually helps to track down the problem.

I'd check the ~/.config/whatever ownership, too, just in case it got
mucked by su.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org
PGP Key: http://members.hellug.gr/stavrosg/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"