XFCE 4.4 and Debian Etch?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Wed Jan 10 15:14:59 CET 2007

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:26:49 +0100, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>
wrote:

> Selon Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>:
>
> > Even if some Debians might be pissed, but we why don't you use
> > Xubuntu instead? It has up2date Xfce and most if not all packages
> > Debian provides.
>
> PS: two machines here are running Slackware, with hand-compiled XFCE.
> If everything else fails, I can always try to build my own .deb repo.
> I only have to learn how to do that:oD
I think that isn't needed.
The Xfce packages in Debian are maintained by a group of DDs which have
a website [1] and I think there is also the better place for this whole
discussion.

By the way, it's almost impossible at least very unlikely that any
newer version of Xfce enters Debian Etch than the current one. Xfce 4.4
will get into Debian Lenny, not before.

[1] http://pkg-xfce.alioth.debian.org/

And Yves-Alexis Perez is one of the maintainers of the Debian Xfce
packages and he reads also this list, IIRC. So, just ask him.

Regards,
Enrico