XFCE 4.4 and Debian Etch?

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Wed Jan 10 10:26:49 CET 2007

Selon Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>:

> Even if some Debians might be pissed, but we why don't you use Xubuntu
> instead? It has up2date Xfce and most if not all packages Debian provides.

Instead of bombing you with arguments, just this one. Several machines run
public library management systems as standalone machines. Which means they have
a LAMP server running, with several additional PHP modules, like PHP-YAZ,
implementing the z39.50 protocol to interact with public databases like the
Bibliothèque Nationale de France. Usage of this function is vital for the
software (PMB) to work correctly.

(X)Ubuntu's php4-yaz module has been broken for months now. Debian's module is
working.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs

PS: two machines here are running Slackware, with hand-compiled XFCE. If
everything else fails, I can always try to build my own .deb repo. I only have
to learn how to do that:oD