XFCE 4.4 and Debian Etch?

Richard Boyce boyce at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 09:44:46 CET 2007

Mişu Moldovan wrote:
> Niki Kovacs wrote:
>
> Jesus might know better but from what I see, Debian etch hasn't been
> released yet as Debian Stable and packages are updated at a rate
> comparable to that of Debian Sid (unstable). They will probably include
> the final release of Xfce 4.4 if it happens to come out in time for the
> Etch release. Any Debian packagers around care to comment about that?

Not a Debian developer, but I do know that etch has now been frozen
prior to its release, so only fixes for release-critical bugs will be
accepted. New releases generally won't be allowed in. Backports would
probably be your best bet.

> Debian stable is not about the latest and greatest, it's about true and
> tried packages on a solid platform.

Yep - that's why I love it. Better stop the Debian advocacy before we
get Joe more than usually annoyed... :)

--
Richard Boyce
SysEng, CCDC