OT - 1440x900 resolution in settings

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 7 20:50:41 CET 2007

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) schrieb:

> I meant _can_ the trailing 't' went from my imagination...
> So: I know fvwm and Gnome can automatically use 1440x900.
> I dont want to use them, I want XFCE on _this_ box.
> Anyway, I'd curious to know how to make xrandr list 1440x900.

If the combination of your nvidia card and the 'nv' driver support that resolution, then it will appear in the xfce4 display settings, which use xrandr. If not, you will need to install the 'nvidia' driver.

I bought one of the newer nvidia cards (7950GT) and it is not properly
supported by the 'nv' driver. I could therefore only get 1024x768 on my
monitor, which normally runs at 1280x1024. After building the 'nvidia'
driver, all was well.

Unless you are prepared to wait for support for your card to be added to
the 'nv' driver, and then made available in your distro, you will need
to install the 'nvidia' driver.

Cheers,
Les