Xfce and web browsers

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Sun Jan 7 05:02:47 CET 2007

I ran into an odd problem when I nominated Swiftfox as the preferred
browser in Xfce.

Whenever I clicked on a link in Thunderbird or the file browser
(Thunar), which should have opened a new tab in the last active Swiftfox
window, I was instead getting a new, empty Swiftfox window.

To overcome the problem, I have nominated Mozilla Firefox as the
preferred browser and altered "firefox" and "mozilla-firefox" in
/usr/bin so that they refer to swiftfox.

I should add that Xfce renders the swiftfox command as swiftfox "%s"  It
adds the same strange suffix to thunderbird. Question

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org