Default browser

Mark Grieveson dg135 at torfree.net
Sat Jan 6 03:58:33 CET 2007

On 1/5/07, wr35nn89 <wr35nn89 at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> when i read my mails in Icedove and i click on a http link, it launchs
> epiphany (the internet navigator for gnome).
> I'd prefer firefox (not yet iceweasel...)..... (in my xfce settings,
> it's firefox which is choosed...)
> what can i do ?
> I'm in debian testing (xfce 4.3.99.2)
> Thanks a lot.

I suspect you have Gnome installed, with Gnome services being started under xfce4, and perhaps you've got epiphany selected under preferred applications in your Gnome settings.  If so, log into Gnome, and change the preferred browser to Firefox.  There is another way, as well, which is to edit Icedove's pref.js file, as described on this website:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Changing_the_web_browser_invoked_by_Thunderbird
Good luck.

Mark