HOWTO get rid of automatically started Gnomeservices

Matthew Cline matthew.cline at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 23:04:27 CET 2007

On 10/23/06, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:
> Everytime I start up I get a message from bugbuddy, that
> evolution-notify has crashed, I do not use evolution so i would like to
> stop xfce starting it by default, is it enough to switch off loading
> gnome-services completely or ist there a way to cut single services one
> by one by hacking a sessionfile?

I have the same problem in xubuntu edgy, and I would also like to get
rid of all things Evolution since I don't use it. I disabled the
starting of gnome services, which seems to have gotten rid of the
error. However, if I open xfce4-taskmanager right after starting a new
session, I still see several evolution-related processes, including:

evolution-alarm-notify
evolution-data-server-1.8
evolution-exchange-server

I don't know if this is an issue with xfce or some underlying Ubuntu
thing (I suspect the later), but I would really like to rid myself of
these evolution things as well.

HTH,

Matt