Correction of settings - Help needed

Niels Rasmussen nielsrasmus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:44:09 CET 2007

Hi list

After reading that Linus Thorvalds have been hacking on gnome and yelling at
gnome developers, I've decided to give Xfce a try.

I must say that I'm impressed !!

It has several features that I've being missing when using Gnome ie:

- The ability to center new windows
- Very customizable panels
- Very usable filemanager (thunar)
- Very handy workspace switching features

etc. etc.

I really like it, Kudos and thumbs up!!

My system is debian testing (etch) and my xfce setup is (according to
Synaptic) vers. 4.3.99.2.

I'm running Xfce with gdm as displaymanager.

My question is:

How do I check if my system is set up correctly, in order to running Xfce ?

The reason for asking is that, in my .xsession-errors I have these lines
written all over it:

(xfce4-panel:3340): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assertion
`dest_width > 0' failed

(xfce4-panel:3340): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assertion
`dest_width > 0' failed

(xfce4-panel:3340): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assertion
`dest_width > 0' failed

(xfce4-panel:3340): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assertion
`dest_width > 0' failed

(xfce4-panel:3340): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

I think that some of my gnome settings is conflicting with my Xfce set up, but
dont know where to start.

--
/Niels
Registred Linux user #133791