Problems with xfce 4.4

Hari Sundar hsundar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 19:36:12 CET 2007

Hi,

I installed xfce 4.4 on Suse 10.0 using the rpms listed on the website.

All installed fine, but it is not working properly ...

The main issues are,

0. If I choose xfce from kdm, then I go straight to my old KDE desktop.

So, I switched to runlevel 3 and started using startxfce4. The issues here are,

1. Most icons are not shown. There are erros to the effect of that the
'hicolor' theme was not found. I did try downloading and installing
the theme. That doesn't seem to work. How/where am I supposed to
install it ?

2. I cannot change any settings. If I try any of them from the menu,
say the calendar settings, I get the following error ...

Xfce Settings Manager error: No such plugin "orage"

What could be wrong here.

thanks,
~Hari

--