xfce4-session & icons

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 24 02:50:24 CET 2007

I'm have a problem with evolution and missing icons.
I can't find any of the stock icons.  I have searched
for running evolution in non-gnome environments.  The
posts I saw indicated that evolution needs gnome-session-daemon
running, because it uses the icon theme system.  If I try
to start the g-s-d it says only one session manager can run
at one time.  I assume this is xfce4-session.  So I am trying
to figure out why the stock_* icons can't be found.  The icons
all are in /usr/local/share/icons, I have rebuilt all the caches
so I am at a loss.  Can some one educate me on how the the icons
are searched/found by the session manager.

Thank You.

STH

--
Scott T. Hildreth <shild at sbcglobal.net>