"Save As" crashes fixed for xfce & FreeBSD Solved

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 24 01:38:34 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 18:47 -0500, Erik Harrison wrote:

> On 2/23/07, Evan Cox <evan at zenquility.net.au> wrote:
>         Hi Scott,
>
>         Thank you for the tips..... but how do you edit the bin file?
>         With what application?
>
>         Also, I have been off air (so to speak, as I swapped my
>         computer with my boys.  Apparently, I had the best computer
>         for gaming, and all I do is 'compile'   After reinstalling a
>         clean FreeBSD 6.2 operating system, I have the remaining
>         problem of the "save as" crashing the browser, and evolution
>         will suddenly close with a bug error after around 2 hours.  Is
>         any of this related to this fix above?
>
> Almost certainly not. Sounds like what you had was a corrupted
> installation of Gtk+ which is an underlying library used by Gnome,
> Xfce, Firefox and the like

 It definitely the cause for "save as" crashing Firefox, Epiphany,
 Evolution, ...etc when the user executes a save as twice.  As far
 as evolution crashing after 2 hours, I don't think it is the cause.

 The posts below describe the XDG_DATA_DIRS env var doesn't contain
 /usr/local/share/gnome and contains /usr/local/share twice.