Restoring Wallpaper

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 23 04:10:18 CET 2007

   I tried upgrading from -4.2.3.2 to -4.4.0, but the Slackware package I used
wiped out all my settings. I re-installed the earlier version, but I cannot
restore the wallpaper.

   Using the settings box, I select 'Desktop', and the file I want to use is
displayed in the text entry widget. I then click on the 'open,' 'close,' and
'close' buttons, but the root window's wallpaper remains the same. Exiting
from X and re-starting makes no difference.

   What step have I missed here?

Rich